Friday 4 September 2015

Drool-Worthy Products from Makeup Revolution

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a photo of a blush/bronzer/highlighter palette on Tumblr and knew immediately that I needed to get my hands on one. I did a quick Google search and managed to find it and place an order. It's the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Blush Palette. While browsing the site I also picked up the Redemption Palette Iconic 3, which is an eyeshadow palette. Both are very affordable, with the blush palette being £6 and the eyeshadow palette being £4 - what bargains! Annoyingly there was a shipping fee of £7.95 because I live in Australia, but it was well worth it. 

For starters, both palettes are visually stunning. Not only are the colours themselves really beautiful, but so is the packaging. It's made of plastic, but the rose gold accents add that touch of luxury. I'll start off with the blush palette. This includes 8 shades - one being a highlight, 5 being blush colours, and 2 bronze/contour shades. 7 of the 8 are shimmery, with the contour style shade being matte. They are decently pigmented and give that healthy and glowing look to the skin. They blend out nicely and aren't anything too dramatic or disco ball-esque. I'm all for the mineralised 'Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes' style of blush that are everywhere at the moment, and if that's your kind of thing then you simply can't go wrong with this palette. Plus it comes with a very decent sized mirror which makes it perfect for travelling. 

The eyeshadow palette is clearly meant to be inspired by the Urban Decay Naked Palette, and as far as dupes go, this one is pretty darn good. It boasts a total of 12 shades, including both shimmer and matte, all of which are nicely pigmented and blendable. They also lasted all night on my oily lids, so that makes it a winner in my books! Something that I really love about this palette is the variety of looks that you can do. The possibilities seem endless. It offers lighter, more pink shades, as well as deeper plum/purple shades. This is the perfect day to night palette with a pink theme throughout the shades. In other words, I am totally all about this palette for the springtime. 

From memory these took a little over two weeks to arrive, and they arrived in perfect condition. For the price, these are absolute steals and I'm so pleased I picked them up. If you've wanted to get your hands on those blushes from Hourglass or an Urban Decay Naked palette but don't want to pay the hefty price tag, then definitely have a look at the range from Makeup Revolution (their website is here) because you will no doubt find something that's right up your street! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top