Friday 22 May 2015

Moments and Memories #1

Yesterday at uni was one of the most stressful days ever. I was there for a solid 10 and a half hours working on a group assessment. It was the third day we'd been there that week. Stress and tension levels were high, and it seemed that everything was going wrong at some points. However, we finished our assessment, submitted it, and felt another weight lifted off our shoulders. Surprisingly there were parts of the day that I really enjoyed. We had moments of laughing so much that some of us ended up on the floor, moments where we were almost crying, and moments where we wanted to throw our laptops at the wall. But we made it. 

I'm currently in my third year of my degree, and I'm about to finish my second last semester. It took a while, but I managed to find some really solid friends who I am so thankful for. Uni would be a whole lot harder without them. A thought I've been having recently is 'have I really been experiencing uni?'. Because I kind of felt like I hadn't been, and it scared me. As much as there are moments where I want to give up, cry, and drop out, I'm glad I haven't. I know that it will be well worth it in the end. 

Although yesterday was a crazy stressful day, and this week hasn't been the best and kind of feels like it's been going on forever, I walked out of uni last night feeling happy. I felt like I was truly experiencing uni in all it's forms. Even though it was awful at times during the day, we survived through to the night and ended on a good note. I felt a part of something. I felt like I was fulfilling my uni duties correctly. I felt like I was experiencing something great. 

These moments will become memories and stories that I'll probably share with friends and tell my kids one day, and that makes me happy. So often I feel like I don't have that many great stories to tell, but I feel like I could perhaps be beginning to make some. I hope you don't mind that I'll jot them down on here every now and then, but why not? Here's to more story-making...

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of submitting an assignment! Group assignments can be fun or annoying. All the best with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top