Monday 9 November 2015

RawSpiceBar

Recently I had the privilege of being sent the RawSpiceBar Istanbul spice box. RawSpiceBar are a Californian-based subscription box service that aims to spice up your meals. For only $6 a month you get the chance to experience new and exciting flavours that are delivered straight to your mail box. Each month focuses on a different culture and you are provided with a variety of spices to try and enjoy. 

I love to cook. I love to experiment with flavours. I love seeing what other cultures have to offer. That's why I love what this box has to offer. The monthly box includes three different freshly ground and high quality spices and a recipe card with suggestions of meals to make using the spices. Something I really love about this box is that they include little snippets of information on each of the spice sachets. It's a mix of cultural information and suggestions of how to use the spice - and it just makes it so much more interesting to read. 

The spices I received in my box are:
Baharat - spice staple in Turkish cooking, can be used in a variety of dishes, has warm spices such as cinnamon and clove, coriander and cumin, and sweet paprika. 
Urfa Biber - described as raisins meets coffee, smoky and almost sweet flavour.
Za'atar - originates from the 13th century, brings zest to each dish, can be used as a meat rub or stirred into dishes. 

I'm yet to use the spices, but I cannot wait to. I'm definitely not as adventurous in the kitchen as I could be, but I'm excited to give these a go and experience a whole new world of flavour. 

You can check them out here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top