Friday 10 May 2013

April Favourites

It's the marvellous month of May so you know what that means...It's time for my April favourites post!
I started doing the monthly favourites post last month because I needed something to get me blogging again, and it had to be something I could continue on a regular basis, and monthly favourites seemed like the perfect option. Plus I'm an uber nosy person and love to see what everyone else is loving, so why shouldn't I join in too?

I've got quite a few favourites for April, so I do apologise that this post will end up being a teeny bit long and rambly, but oh well. 




The first thing I absolutely loved through April is the Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation in shade 103 'True Ivory'. This foundation has actually been raved about by quite a lot of people (Zoella and Tanya Burr in particular), and so I just had to give it a go. Even though it isn't a matte foundation, I find that it does have quite a semi-matte finish on my skin anyway. It's SPF 15 which is great, and it smells really nice as well - I'm weird, I know. It definitely does make my skin look and feel really nice and refreshed, and it's just such a nice foundation to use and quickly became my new favourite. I bought mine off asos because it was only $14.33 on there which is much cheaper than buying it in store. I love the fact it has an orange lid and that the bottle is glass because it just gives it that little bit extra. 2 massive thumbs up from me! 


My next favourite beauty product is the Napoleon Perdis Eyeshadow Duo in shade 'Barbados' (shown above). I have been lusting over this eyeshadow duo for quite some time now, and it was on sale at Big W a few weeks ago for half price so I had to pick one up. Sadly, the sale has ended and it's back to it's regular price of $16, but I would happily pay full price for it because I am in love. Both shades are perfect when worn alone and perfect when worn together. I just quickly pop this on in the morning and it looks great with whatever look I am going for. This is by far my new favourite eyeshadow and you can find it here

I have always wanted to see if I could rock the red lip, and in April I decided to give it a go. The lipstick I tried and fell in love with (thanks to Zoe) was the Kate Moss for Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte in shade 107 (shown above). Rimmel London is quickly becoming my favourite drug store make up brand, and this lipstick is to die for. The shade is so beautiful, and even though it is quite bold, if you can pull it off it looks amazing. I like to think I can pull it off! The colour is so beautiful and pigmented, and it has such a soft, velvety, matte finish just like it promises to. I bought mine from Big W for around $10, but asos now sell them for $8.75, so if you know which shade you want, get it from there. 

I've slowly begun to expand my make up brushes collection, so I bought the travel size Ecotools bamboo 5 piece brush set off eBay. Don't fret, the seller I bought it from was legit and it was a great price of $9.90 which is what they sell for in America, whereas here they're more than $20 usually. Sadly they sold out, but I'm sure if you look around you can find another seller. For me, the stand out brush was the mineral powder brush (shown above). I use it for blush and bronzer and it is so incredibly soft on your skin, like you would not believe! It has become my new favourite brush, and what's even better is that it'll be super easy to take with me whenever I should need it. 

Now moving onto skin care. In April I came across what is now my favourite face mask. It is the Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox ultra-cleansing mud mask. For starters, this mask smells incredible. It's scent is orange and bergamot, and it just smells so refreshing, without being too overpowering. I love it's packaging (it's orange, hello!) and it does such a good job at detoxifying the skin. My skin always feels so much better after using it. While it's no miracle worker, it is still such a treat to use, and with continued use I have begun to notice a difference in my skin. If anyone is on the hunt for a new face mask I cannot recommend this one enough! It cost me $8.99 from Priceline


Another skin care product I've really loved is the Innoxa Anti-shine blemish control lotion. This is a moisturiser which has anti-shine properties in it to help keep your skin shine free and protected (SPF 15) all day long. This was a teeny bit pricey for a moisturiser, I will admit, and cost me $23, but it was money well spent. It promises to reduce breakouts by 32% in 4 weeks, and I haven't used it long enough to tell you if that's true or not, but it didn't cause any so that's a good start! My foundation applies really well on top of this and it's just a great product over all. Although I bought mine from Big W, you can find it at Myer, Big W or Priceline. 


My last, but definitely not least, April favourite is the perfume by Taylor Swift called Enchanted Wonderstruck (shown above). This is Taylor's second perfume (a second addition from Wonderstruck), and smells absolutely gorgeous. It's described as being an alluring scent with an irresistible blend of luscious wild berries and sugar-glazed petals, wrapped in a touch of sensuality for a captivating signature. I just bought the travel sized set because it was on sale at Myer at the time, and I can't get over how beautiful the packaging is. It's so easy to take with me wherever I go and I've just become super obsessed with it over the past couple of months. You can see it here at Myer. 


Well once again that wraps up my April favourites post. I hope you enjoyed seeing all the things that I have been particularly loving over the month of April. Hopefully for my May favourites I'll make a YouTube video of them instead of just a written post, but we'll see how we go. 

Much love! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top