Thursday 18 July 2013

The Great and Not So Great...

Hello hello! 

I feel quite terrible because a few blog posts ago I promised that I would be blogging a lot over the next few weeks before I went back to University but that hasn't really happened. I've been at a loss of what to blog about, so I really do apologise. 
Nevertheless, I did manage to come up with something to blog about for you today so I do hope you find this at least a little bit interesting. 

As you will probably all be aware of, there are always numerous different beauty products floating around, and some of these manage to grab the attention of a lot of people, while others go seemingly unnoticed. Sometimes people will only blog about the 'trendy' beauty products, and other things (that might be real gems) get forgotten about. I decided that for today's post I would share with you guys my top 5 current favourite beauty products, as well as my top 5 worst! A few of the products that you'll see below I have mentioned before, and for that I do apologise, but my collection is really not big enough to be constantly showing completely different things each time - maybe one day, but that day is not today.

I'm not going to really review these products as such, I just thought that I'd briefly mention why they're either one of my favourites, or why they aren't. Enjoy!

So I'll get the not so impressive products out of the way first.


Chi Chi 'Doing Cool' Eye Palette
I was incredibly unimpressed with this product! The quality of the eyeshadows are pretty rubbish; they are not pigmented at all and have a sort of chalk-like feel and look to them. I don't even find the colours to be that impressive either, sadly. I had hope for the brown shades, but they let me down, like the rest of the colours.

Garnier 'Clean Detox Gentle Brightening Foam'
I normally really love Garnier, but my skin really did not like this cleanser at all. In the tube it smells nice but once you start to use it on your face it smells awful! I didn't even really think that it successfully did anything that it promised to. After using this for a little while my skin just looked awful and would break out even more, so I was really disappointed.

Garnier 'Miracle Skin Perfecter' BB Cream
This product was another massive let down for me. I just felt like the colour was way off, it felt and looked horrible and caky on my skin, it didn't sink in well, it dried my skin out and then clung to all those dry patches. For me, this just did the opposite of what I wanted it to do. Perhaps I wasn't using it correctly, or wasn't exfoliating my skin enough, but I've been too scared to use this again because I had such a bad experience using it.

BYS Face Primer
This is the only primer I have tried and I had such a bad experience with it that I'm a little nervous to try any others! I really did try to give BYS the benefit of the doubt because they aren't exactly known as being a great makeup brand, but this product was just not very good. It didn't sink into my skin well and made it look and feel really oily, and did not help the longevity of my makeup at all! 

Designer Brands Kohl Eyeliner & Rust Lip Liner
I'll be short and sweet with these two. The lip liner was rubbish, I could barely see any colour on my lips at all. The eyeliner was not much better as it rubbed off almost instantly and did not make my eyes feel very nice. Not very 'designer' at all.

Now onto the 5 products that have impressed me the most. 



Rimmel London 'Stay Matte' Pressed Powder in 'Transparent'
I completely understand why this is one of Tanya Burr's most loved products! I absolutely love this powder, for me it lasts longer than 5 hours (which is what it claims on it's package), and I love the fact that it's transparent because it means I'm not adding extra colour to my face on top of my foundation. I've become totally obsessed with this and I'm praying that Rimmel never ever discontinue it! 

Baylis & Harding 'Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit' Body Butter
This came in a set with some other body products of the same scent and I didn't have an expectation of how it would be, but it is fantastic! I love the fact that it has vitamins a, b and c in it because my skin always feels so much more nourished and I really feel like it's doing wonders for my skin.

Sportsgirl 'Pout About It' Lip Colour in 'Pretty Please'
I didn't know what to expect when I bought this, but I found myself loving it much more than I thought I would. I love the colour, it's a really pretty pink/nude colour and looks so nice and natural on the lips. It's the perfect colour to just complete your everyday makeup look. It can be slightly drying on the lips and doesn't have a super pretty scent, but they are the only negatives. I can't wait to expand my Sportsgirl lipstick collection!

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 'Apocaliptic'
This is amazing! The lipgloss is so creamy and smooth and the pigmentation is incredible! It lasts such a long time without drying out my lips or fading, and just feels so comfortable to wear. I need to go and buy more colours because the quality and consistency is unreal!

Maybelline mascaras 'Cat Eyes' & 'The Falsies'
Maybelline mascaras are hands down my number one favourite mascara, and I will probably be buying them till I die. These two are my favourites in particular. I just think they make my eyelashes look wonderful and volumised, while allowing me to really be in control of how dramatic or subtle they look. Basically just the perfect mascaras. 

Well that concludes my top 5 best and worst products, for the moment anyway. I'd love to hear what some of your favourite or most hated products are, so let me know in the comments below. I hope you've found this interesting to see which products I've really liked, as well as which ones I didn't get on with. Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll speak to you all very soon.

Much love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top