Tuesday 12 November 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo | Review


Maybelline Color Tattoo's have been spoken about for quite some time now, and they are definitely a well-loved and hyped-up product; and so they should be! Just in case you're not familiar with them, they are basically cream eyeshadows that are advertised to last for 24 hours. They have two lines, that I am aware of: the regular line and the 'metal' line. 

I love these eyeshadows so much, it's almost insane! The fact that these retail for only $11.95 and are such amazing quality is crazy. These are often compared to Mac paint pots, but are so much better, and so much cheaper! I can't say I've tested out the 24 hour claim, but they do last all day for me with no problem at all. Other eyeshadows apply lovely on top, if you want to use these as a base, or you can just blend them all over your eye and they look beautiful enough on their own. They are highly pigmented, creamy, so easy to blend, they don't crease or move about. For me, these little wonders tick absolutely every box. Plus they come in glass jars so they have that high end look and feel to them, while being a drugstore product (and price!). 
I currently have three in my collection; '25 Bad to the Bronze', '55 Inked in Pink', and '70 Barely Branded'. I do intend to expand my collection, but for now I am perfectly happy with these three colours. 'Bad to the Bronze' is such a beautiful, dark, pigmented, shimmery bronze colour that is perfect for a night out, to create definition, or even for a smoky eye look. 'Inked in Pink' is a metallic, silvery sort of pink that is so lovely and easy to wear and create a nice look with. I tend to wear the pink when I'm having more dulled down makeup everywhere else, allowing my eyes to be the real focus point. My personal favourite is 'Barely Branded' which is such a pretty nude, cream, pale colour that is perfect for the summer time, for a bold lip look, or if you just want a simple, natural makeup look for the day. I just find that this colour in particular is so versatile and beautiful. It may be a simple colour but it looks incredible on! 
Top - Bottom: Inked in Pink, Bad to the Bronze, Barely Branded

If you've been considering buying these I definitely encourage you to because they are such great value for money. Their quality is exceptional, packaging is beautiful, colours are pigmented, and the price is perfect. Maybelline has done it once again! 

lovelovelove

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just started following your blog from a tag post. I've enjoyed reading some of your posts already! I LOVE Bad to the Bronze and I've been using Barely Branded lately under light eyeshadows.
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! that means a lot to me. they're such beautiful products and such beautiful colours! hope you're having a wonderful day xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top