Wednesday 27 November 2013

Thoughts On: Bellabox (November Box)

Today's post is going to be a little thoughts and review style post on Bellabox. For those of you who may be unaware, Bellabox is a monthly beauty box that is delivered straight to your door for only $15 (including postage). You get to try out 5+ beauty items that will range from skincare, haircare, makeup or accessories. The box that arrived just the other day, the November box, will be my second box. So far I'm feeling a little bit 'meh' about it, as I had higher expectations after seeing the GlossyBox which is quite popular in the UK. Oh how I wish they would bring GlossyBox back here! I'm going to wait and see what the December box is like, and if I'm not impressed, I will most likely be cancelling my subscription until they improve. 
This months theme was 'Refreshing Beauty', and was all about refreshing different parts of your beauty regime in time for summer. Before I get into the actual products that were included in my box, I would like to briefly comment on the packaging it came in. After seeing Tanya Burr's recent blogpost which features a Bellabox (you can read it here) I had really high expectations about how my box was going to look. Upon arrival, I was utterly disappointed as mine was just a flimsy cardboard pillow. The colour scheme of it is nice, but the quality was a bit of a let down compared to Tanya's. I'm not quite sure why ours were so different. I'm thinking perhaps her box was the new packaging they're beginning to use, while mine was the old one? 

So, onto the products that were included in my box this month. I had five products, two being full sized, and also a bonus sachet sample product. I was quite pleased to see two full-sized products this month, as it made the $15 worth it. 

1. Bellabox Pout Pencil in 'Ruby Tuesday' - RRP $14.99
The quality of this is not too bad. It seems a little more on the cheap side but is nicely pigmented and creamy. The packaging of this is what really lets it down, it just feels so cheap and tacky. This retails for $14.99 and considering the Bourjois Colour Boost lipsticks are only $15 as well, I would definitely opt for the Bourjois ones instead. 

2. Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Makeup Corrector Pen - RRP $11.99
I haven't used this yet, but I can sense that I will be getting a lot of use out of it when it comes to perfecting my winged eyeliner. I'm a big fan of Simple so I was excited to see that this was full-sized.

3. Indio SOS Gel - RRP $72 (50mL)
This gel helps to reduce redness and cool and soothe the skin, particularly sensitive skin. I haven't used this yet, and probably won't for a while, but it is a decent sized sample (10mL). Though it's a pretty hefty price tag, and I can't ever see myself spending that much on something like this.

4. ASAP Sheer Tint Moisturiser - RRP $45 (75mL)
I'm excited to try this out because who doesn't love a good tinted moisturiser, but once again it's a price tag that's not in my budget, so I can't see myself buying the full sized product anytime soon. 

5. Naked Tan Creme de la Creme - RRP $27.50 (150mL)
To be honest, I'm not much of a fake tan girl, so I wasn't particularly over the moon to see this, but I may give it a go at some stage because why not? I am pleased that it's a decent sized sample (30mL), but then again for a fake tan I don't know how much of my body I will able to cover with this stuff. 

Bonus! Caron Laboratories Bump Eraiser Medi Paste - RRP $16.99 (30mL)
This will probably just get shoved to the back of my draw until it perhaps one day comes in handy. As well as a $5 iSubscribe gift card. 
Bellabox Pout Pencil in 'Ruby Tuesday'
Fingers crossed I am wowed by next month's box, because there haven't been any major standout products from the last two boxes I have received. However, you may be overjoyed with the contents of this box and want to sign up immediately. If so, pop on over to their website here and browse around and sign up. Let me know in the comments what you think of Bellabox, or if you know of any beauty boxes that are better.

lovelovelove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top