Tuesday 21 January 2014

Everyday Summer Makeup Favourites

It is currently summer here in Australia, so that means makeup becomes matte, waterproof, bright-lipped, and minimal. These products are the ones that I have been reaching for lately as it has been extremely hot and just plain gross! It is quite a basic look that doesn't really include any eye makeup and my lip colour of choice will change depending on the day, otherwise everything else pretty much stays the same. 
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - 103 True Ivory
This has been my go-to foundation lately because it makes my skin look almost flawless and just really lovely. It isn't too heavy or cakey, but is quite high coverage and definitely buildable. It's one fault is that it doesn't contain any SPF, but that just means I have to put suncream on beforehand instead. Matte is definitely the best option in summer as you tend to get a bit hot and sweaty and oily, so matte products helps to keep that all under control, while you still look fresh faced and beautiful.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - 001 Transparent
This is my all time favourite powder, as you know, and is definitely a must-have product for the summer to mattify everything and keep the oil at bay. This powder helps to minimise the appearance of pores so your face looks even more flawless while keeping your makeup in place.

Sportsgirl Glow and Behold Illuminating Bronzer 
During the summertime I sometimes tend to skip blush and use this bronzer instead because it has golden, bronze, and pink shades in it to give your face an all over bronzed glow that looks so radiant and healthy. 

Sportsgirl Get Cheeky Cheek & Eye Shimmer - Rose
I love to apply this product to the tops of my cheeks to give them that extra glow and shimmer without anything being too over the top. It's the perfect pair with the bronzer and has quickly become my favourite summer combination because it just looks so pretty and natural on the skin. 

Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara - Blackest Black 
I tend to skip the eyeshadow and liner step and just use mascara instead because this wakes my eyes up and gives them that little extra without being too heavy. Waterproof is obviously the way to go during summer and this is my favourite one of the moment.

Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick - 04 Peach on the Beach
My lip colour is the thing I change up the most, but lately I have been loving peachy/pinky/natural shades, with this one being one of my favourites. It is such a lovely colour and formula that looks natural and simple, but still very pretty and perfect for summer. 

lovelovelove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top