Monday 6 January 2014

Top 13 of 2013

Happy 2014!
How on earth is it 2014 already, it's mind boggling! Today I thought I would share my top 13 products of 2013 with you guys, and there is a mixture of makeup, skincare, and body care for you. I found this to be so difficult to choose only 13 products as I loved so many different things throughout the year, but it has to be done, right? So without further ado, let's get cracking!
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Before 2013 I was never a massive fan of using brushes to apply my foundation. I used to only use sponges, but not even the good sponges. Ever since I started using this particular brush I have been converted and have no intentions of ever going back. The quality of the Real Techniques brushes are exceptional and they are also so affordable. This was the standout brush of the year by far. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
I was introduced to this foundation this year and fell in love immediately. This is my never fail foundation that I always find myself going back to. I love absolutely everything about it, from the texture, to the packaging, to the smell, to the finish. This was the one foundation that stood out among the others and I will be repurchasing it again and again. 

Dirty Works Buttery Salt Scrub
I only discovered this product a few months ago but it was too incredible not to mention. It smells divine and leaves my skin feeling so smooth and lovely. Pair this with the Dirty Works Supreme Creme body butter and you have a duo that's on fire. 

Original Source Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel
Oh my goodness, the love I have for this product is ridiculous. It smells so fresh and lovely and leaves your skin tingling. It actually feels like you've used toothpaste all over your body to clean it, which sounds odd, but it always leaves my skin feeling amazing and ever so clean. This is probably my favourite shower gel of all time and I encourage you all to try it because the experience is something that cannot be put into words!

The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Hand Cream
I adore hand creams and own way too many, but this is my favourite by far. I actually got this for free while I was down in Melbourne in July this year, and ever since getting it it is the one that goes with me everywhere. It's always in my handbag and I'm always using it. It smells so pretty, leaves my hands feeling soft but not greasy, and is just everything a hand cream should be.

Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck Perfume
Choosing a perfume of the year is always a really difficult thing for me because I find myself loving so many. However I narrowed it down to this one because it is the one I always go to if I'm not quite sure which one to wear. It's a lovely scent that is quite rich and romantic, but not too overpowering (I'm obviously great at describing smells!). This is just a never fail scent that people always compliment me on. 

Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in Peach on the Beach
Another extremely difficult decision to make was picking a lip colour. I loved so many throughout the year, but this one was one that I always went back to and loved a lot. It's a really pretty pinky, coral-peach colour that looks so beautiful on but isn't ever too much. It's the perfect everyday colour particularly for the warmer months. 

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded
These colour tattoos became the hottest thing this year and every beauty blogger seemed to be talking about and loving them, myself included. Out of the few colours I own this one is definitely my favourite because it's so pretty and versatile. It's perfect just on it's own, or even underneath another colour as a base. They are such great value for money and it quickly became a staple product of mine. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask
Funnily enough, this is the only skincare product that I'm mentioning in my favourites for the year. Even though I definitely tried out more skincare products this year than I ever have before, when it came down to it there wasn't really many things that I would call my favourite. I can't say this is a miracle worker, but over time I have seen it make a difference in my skin. It feels so lovely and cooling once applied and I will continue to use it and love it through 2014. 

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara
Something that I learnt through 2013 is that mascara makes a difference! If you're stuck on time and can't do a full eye makeup look, just put on mascara and you'll be good to go. I've never really obsessed over mascaras, or really worn them until this year, and this was the one that I immediately fell in love with. I just think that it makes my lashes look incredible and natural without being too overdone or dramatic. 

Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry
For those of you who know me well you will know that I am obsessed with lip balms. I have close to 20 floating around my room, which is bordering on being problematic. The one standout for me this year would absolutely have to be this one because it tastes incredible and leaves my lips feeling soft and repaired and hydrated. Even though it's an expensive little thing, it is absolutely worth it. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
I know, I know, this is pretty much every beauty blogger's favourite setting powder - but for good reason. It's pretty damn amazing. This is the only powder I use and will probably end up being the only powder I ever use because it is so good. It just does the job perfectly for me.

Sportsgirl Get Cheeky Cheek & Eye Shimmer
Last but certainly not least, it wouldn't be my 2013 favourites post if I didn't include this product. I think it is fair to say this is the one product I mentioned time and time again and you are probably all sick of hearing about it. I love it. That's all I'll say! 
Bourjois Colour Boost in Peach on the Beach
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded
Revlon Lash Potion Mascara
Sportsgirl Get Cheeky Cheek & Eye Shimmer

lovelovelove

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that Body Shop hand cream sounds divine, i'll have to try it out. I use the Taylor Swift perfume daily, it's an obsession. I need her newest perfume, the bottle is so pretty! Great picks girlie :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really incredible so I definitely encourage you to. I have all of Taylor's perfumes and they are just all so incredible, her newest one in particular. You are right about the bottle, it looks so pretty sat on my dresser. Thank you! xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top