Tuesday 31 December 2013

Looking Back At The Year That Was...

I know that everyone says this all the time, but my oh my 2013 really did just fly by didn't it? As I sit here, reflecting on the year, I am once again reminded that perspective is an incredible thing. This year was my first year out of high school, so with that came many changes and new things to have to adapt to. I started my first year of University, which was scary as anything, but I survived; and even managed to make a few new friends along the way. The first 6 months of this year were still quite up and down. My anxiety was getting worse, and I was feeling less in control of my life. I stopped going to church and my faith was on the rocks. I didn't really have that many close friends and it just felt like things were falling apart and I felt quite alone. 

In June or July I began attending a connect group at my church and started to make some more friends. The girls whom I met were absolutely lovely and from then on things began to get a lot better. I was trying my best to say yes to more things, to not let anxiety control my life, and to find the beauty that was buried within myself. And I did. 

This whole year has been filled with changes. And if you know me, you know I don't really handle change all that well. This year though, I had no choice. However, looking back over this year I see that God has really taught me how to adapt to change, and that it isn't always as scary as I might think. He reminded me that he is always holding my hand, and doesn't plan on letting go. Change can quite often be a good thing, and this year taught me that. 

As I am feeling all nostalgic over this year coming to a close, I am reflecting on the year as a whole and am seeing that it has been a year of foundations. In every single area of my life I have spent the year building strong foundations for things to come. I truly believe that 2014 will be a year that sees great things happen in my life, and great things that will build upon the foundations that are already there. And that makes me excited. 

2013 saw many ups and downs, but less tears than last year, and that is something worth celebrating. I began my YouTube channel, which while it is still a baby, was a massive step in a positive direction for me, and I hope that in 2014 it begins to really flourish. My blog became so healthy, and I am so proud at how far I have come. Even though I may not have a whole lot of followers, that isn't what it is about, and I am so grateful for each and everyone of you reading this post. It actually means the world to me. I grew in confidence in my ability to take great photographs, as I would take photos of my brother's soccer games each week, and they turned out brilliantly. 

I won't babble on for too much longer, I just want to say thank you. A massive thank you to anyone who has watched my videos, read my posts, left a lovely comment, shared it with their friends. I hope that 2014 will bring great opportunities for my blog to expand even more, and that I will hopefully continue to inspire you in some way. I've included a few photos below from throughout the year, so do enjoy those. Happy new year, and here's to a fantastic 2014! I love you. 
When my friend Lizzie and I went to visit Ellie who lives down the coast. 
Colour Conference 2013 with some beautiful friends of mine.
A dress up party with some friends from school.
VIVID light show with my brother.
Some of my beautiful new friends whom I met this year.
And some more...
My forever bestie, Meghan, and my dog.
Two of my dear friends from school.
This years Instagram collage of the best bits of 2013.

lovelovelove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top