Saturday 21 December 2013

Christmas Reds

Christmas is literally just around the corner, so I thought I would do a little festive inspired beauty post while I still can. This post is sort of like a mini version of a video I made for my YouTube channel (which can be seen here, and don't forget to subscribe while you're there) which is all about red lips for Christmas. I am a huge lover of red lips all year round, but I feel like at Christmas they really add that extra little something you sometimes need. I have tried to include a little variety of shades of red, brands, and finish of the lip product as well. 
Bottom-Top: Colour Theory 'Siren', Kate Moss Rimmel '107', Baby Lips 'Berry Crush', Bourjois Colour Boost 'Red Sunrise'
Colour Theory Lipstick in 'Siren'
This is such a lovely lipstick, and is a bargain for only $6! The finish is matte and really beautiful. As you can see in the swatch above, the colour payoff is incredibly pigmented and is quite smooth to apply. I think this is the perfect red for Christmas time if you want something not too bright and not too dark. 

Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in '107'
This is such a cliché bloggers lipstick, but I don't even care. Everything about this lipstick is so beautiful. It is really pigmented, lasts a decent amount of time, doesn't move all over your face and has a velvet matte finish. It's a little bit more on the dark and vampy side, but why not go a bit darker for the festive season? 

Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Berry Crush'
This lip product is nice if you don't want anything too heavy or pigmented on your lips, but still want a nice sheen of colour. These are reasonably noticeable on the lips without being too much. Perfect for if you don't want to wear a lot of makeup or want lovely red lips but don't want to go all out with lipstick. Plus they smell delicious and act as a lip balm as well! 

Bourjois Colour Boost Lipstick in 'Red Sunrise'
This is my favourite chubby lipstick variety because the colour is beautiful, it feels really hydrating on my lips, the wear time is long, and it's just an all round great product. This is probably my most-worn red because it is so versatile and easy to use and wear, and can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion. With it's beautiful glossy finish it's an absolute beauty staple, especially around Christmas. 

Don't forget to leave some comments below of what your Christmas reds are, or if there are any posts you would like me to do in the future. 

lovelovelove

2 comments:

  1. I love red lips! Especially for the holidays! I need to try the Kate Moss one from Rimmel!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! They're so beautiful. Yeah, definitely check it out, it's so beautiful on. Merry Christmas to you as well lovely x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top