Monday 14 July 2014

Antipodes Skincare | Review

Let's just say, I'm a sucker for skincare! I'm always up for trying new things, however I've tried to keep my routine pretty consistent because all the chopping and changing really doesn't help. In saying that, I've stumbled across some awesome products which were absolutely inspired by Estée (of essiebutton). I've been using these few things for about 3 months now, so I think it's been long enough for my thoughts to be genuine. I bought mine off BeautyBay, however Antipodes is also stocked in Priceline, Myer and David Jones. 

Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream
Oh. My. Goodness. This moisturiser smells so incredibly divine. Seriously, you need to go and smell it! It's the most nice and natural vanilla scent that makes you (almost) want to eat it. I do have oily/combination skin, but I find that I tend to get dry patches in the winter months, so this helps to keep those at bay. It doesn't leave my skin feeling oily or greasy, and makeup applies well on top of it. I haven't had any issues with extra breakouts, and I would possibly go as far to say that this has actually helped my breakouts (along with other products too, of course). Big statement, but I think it's true! 
Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream
I don't love this scent as much as the day cream, but it isn't awful. I just find that this one smells a lot more organic. It is also a lot more hydrating and nourishing, as the name would suggest, and so does leave my skin feeling a little greasy - however it isn't anything that I can't handle. I don't mind because I know that it is really helping to hydrate my skin while I sleep, and when I wake up there isn't any greasy residue left on my skin. This night cream is very rich, so in the summer months I will probably have to use something else, but for winter it is perfect. 
Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask
This mask is interesting because manuka honey is an antibacterial, so this really helps with blemishes and things like that, but is also incredibly moisturising and not stripping or drying at all. I tend to use this more when my skin is on the drier side rather than the oiler side, because sometimes it's a bit too hydrating. This mask is almost like a hybrid between a moisture mask and a spot-clearing mask, which is definitely an interesting combination. Of course it's no miracle worker, but I have enjoyed using it so far. 

As I've had such a positive experience with the few Antipodes products that I've tried so far, I am definitely wanting to try some more from the range in the future. Have you tried anything from Antipodes that you could recommend to me? If you have, make sure to leave a comment below. 

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try out Antipodes products but I have heard great things from this brand, especially from Estee haha. I have seen them at Priceline and Myer but they are so pricey..I think I'll purchase them from Beauty Bay instead :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole reason I bought these was because Etsée, she's such an enabler! If you buy them, let me know what you think :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top