Tuesday 1 July 2014

Day Trip to Leura, Blue Mountains

Yesterday my friend and I drove up to the Blue Mountains, and visited Leura and Katoomba for the day. We left at about 8 in the morning, and the drive took about an hour and a half. After making a few wrong turns along the way, we finally arrived and immediately fell in love with Leura. It is the cutest little town! If you're ever able to go and visit, I would definitely recommend it. I'd love to go back sometime in the future, perhaps on a cute romantic date one day (would need a boyfriend for that, but who knows hey!). 

To give you a brief run down of the day, we walked around the main part of Leura for a bit, I bought Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle from a cute little bookstore, bought some sweets from the little candy store, visited the Toy and Railway museum, and went to an amazing lookout that was so cold my hands started to hurt! Then we drove up to Katoomba and looked around in search of somewhere to eat. However that proved to be unsuccessful, so on the drive back to Leura we stopped off at the Leura cascades and spent a bit of time hiking through the bush and experiencing the incredible views. It was so lovely and filled me with excitement when I thought about the days I'll spend travelling the world. If you want to see some more snaps from that part of the day, be sure to check out my Instagram, @samindigo, and be sure to follow me while you're there. We walked around the main part of Leura and found a restaurant there. To be honest, the food was mediocre, but we were so hungry by that point we just didn't care! However, they did have really nice apple cider so that kind of made up for it (non-alcoholic of course). 

Before leaving we bought some scones from the local bakery to take home with us, and set off on the journey home again. It was such a lovely day spent chatting about everything, being wowed by the incredible views, and it was a nice time for me to reflect on a lot of things in my life, and gain perspective again. Now I'm going to enjoy my chewy lemon bonbons that I picked up from the sweets store. Hope you're all having a fabulous week! 

4 comments:

  1. Some beautiful photos! Leura is one of my favourite places, especially this time of year. That main street in Leura have some amazing shops. There was one with some cool industrial lamps which I want to visit again! Glad you had a great time!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely agree, it's the best at this time of the year xxx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to hear what you thought about Let It Snow once you've read it. It's the only John Green book I haven't read yet! Sounds like you had a lovely day!

    ~Elizabeth
    EpiseOfCake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I did enjoy the book, it wasn't anything incredibly amazing. The book is divided into three stories, each written by a different author. The first story was good, the second story was average (this one was written by John Green, and definitely wasn't his best work, but not bad), and then the last story was mediocre. Overall I'd say read it because it wasn't bad, it just didn't wow me. It's a nice little wintery Christmas novel, perfect for curling up with on a cold day and a cup of tea!

      My day was so lovely, thanks :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top