Thursday 9 October 2014

So You Want a Light Coverage Base...

These days I've been opting for a more light-medium coverage base. I've been wanting to let my skin breathe, and I just don't feel the need for anything heavy duty, especially for the general everyday wear. I've been using these three foundations for a good few months now so I thought it was time I shared them with you. If you're after something not heavy or thick on your skin, something that lets your natural beauty shine through, then this post is for you!
Base 1: Bourjois Happy Light Foundation (shade 50 Porcelain)
I love this a lot! It's got no SPF in it, so it's perfect for the night, especially if you'll be using flash photography because there won't be any white cast on your face caused by the flash. The finish of this foundation is neither dewy nor matte, but somewhere in the middle. It almost reminds me of a less dewy version of the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I just love it because it has medium, but buildable, coverage. It never looks cakey and lasts a decent amount of time. It doesn't cling to dry patches either. The only downside is that this shade is the lightest shade that they carry, and it's even a little dark for me. So if you're quite pale, you may struggle to find a shade that suits you. 
Base 2: Rimmel Matte BB Cream (shade Light)
All you BB cream lovers out there, this one is for you! This has really lovely coverage, especially for a BB cream. This has an SPF of 15, which is perfect for the everyday gal who won't be spending too much time in the sun. Although it says matte, it's definitely not super matte. If you have extremely oily skin then you may find it won't work for you, but if you have dry skin don't be put off because it isn't drying. The packaging of this makes it very travel-friendly. 
Base 3: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (shade 110 Ivory)
This has been my current favourite, go-to, most used foundation. It is the perfect shade for me. And when I say perfect, I mean there are no visible lines on my neck or anything. It matches my skin tone to a tee! This is meant to look like your skin but better, and I definitely agree. It has SPF 20 and has a natural finish. If I set it with powder, and touch up when and if I need to, then it works fine for me. It also lasts well on the skin! If you're after something inoffensive that blends well, lasts a long time, and actually looks like skin, then this is the one for you. 

If you have any other recommendations of light-medium coverage bases, be sure to let me know in the comments below! They will be my staple during summer, so I need to be as prepared as possible with some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top