Thursday 19 September 2013

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream | Review


I never really went crazy with the whole BB trend, as I had a bad experience with the one from Garnier (you can read about that here). Though not too long ago I was in Priceline and everything Maybelline was half price or something crazy like that, so I thought why not? I opted for the 'Dream Pure' over the 'Dream Fresh' as this one contains 2% salicylic acid and is for oily skin. 

I wasn't completely blown away by this product, but I didn't hate it either. It's sort of one of those, yeah it's good but not great products. It's the best BB cream I've tried thus far, but I haven't tried many! I don't think it really broke me out, but it didn't necessarily clear my spots up either - well not yet anyway. I got it in the colour 'light', it is also available in 'medium', and both contain the 2% salicylic acid and SPF 15. This one is an 8-in-1 BB cream that claims to...

1. Conceals imperfections // it sort of does, though is more of a light, semi-buildable coverage.
2. Helps protect against the appearance of blemishes // to be honest I don't even really understand what that means, but I guess it does an alright job at that.
3. Oil-free, non greasy // yes I suppose it is oil-free, but I still found it to be a little bit greasy and almost watery. 
4. Minimises the appearance of pores // yeah, I guess it does.
5. Clarifies the skins look // it does make my skin look nice, but after a couple of hours it starts to go a little patchy.
6. Conceals redness // yeah, I suppose it does.
7. Hydrates and smoothes // it does an alright job at this I guess.
8. Complements the skin tone // yes, I do agree with this point. It does blend quite nicely into my skin tone as well. 

Overall, this product is good. If you don't suffer with too many blemishes then it'll be great for you, however if you do, I would possibly suggest something with a more heavier coverage. This is good for the warmer months, school, or if you just don't want to wear too much makeup on your skin. 


Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top