Tuesday 17 September 2013

My Winter Beauty Essentials

Hello hello!

Now, if like me you live in the Southern Hemisphere we will have just finished our Winter season, so this may seem a little bit pointless to be blogging about now, but there are so many of you who live in the Northern Hemisphere who read my blog, so I thought I would anyway. I could have picked an endless amount of things that I loved and used a lot all throughout Winter, but I tried to narrow it down and keep it quite basic. 


1) Sportsgirl Scrub Up body exfoliator $9.95 (Sportsgirl). This stuff smells amazing! I never really come across many body exfoliators in stores, so when I saw this (and smelt it) I just had to have it. I've repurchased this a few times now and I'm still as in love with it as ever. It's a nice texture, not too grainy, not too soft, and leaves my skin feeling so smooth and smelling delicious - it's scent is vanilla! Exfoliating is always an important step in your skin care routine, and it becomes even more important in winter, so scrub up!

2) Aveeno Skin Relief moisturising lotion $12.99 (Priceline). I have very sensitive and dry legs which always cause me a lot of grief as they get very itchy sometimes, and I have found this to be one of the better moisturisers that I have used. It's really moisturising and helps to relive the pain of my silly legs! There's no nasty fragrance, so it's perfect if you've got legs like mine! While this is my preference, any moisturiser does the job really, as long as you are moisturising during winter - that's the main thing.

3) Innoxa Skin Clear lotion $25.95 (Innoxa). I really like this moisturiser, I find that it does the job and my foundation applies really nicely over it and it keeps my skin from drying out. They have a few different moisturisers for all different skin types, and while it is a little pricey, I've managed to find it in Priceline before for about $10, so just keep your eye out for it! 

4) The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom hand cream $17.95 (The Body Shop). Oh my goodness, this hand cream smells amazing! I have about 10 or more different hand creams, totally not even kidding, and this is by far superior to the rest. It leaves my hands feeling incredibly soft, the cream actually blends into my hands and doesn't leave them feeling sticky, and they smell amazing as well! All in all, the best hand cream ever and you should definitely invest in this product or one just like it! Hand creams are a definite essential for me all year round, but especially during winter when the cold weather dries out my hands even more. 

5) Burt's Bees Rejuvenating lip balm $6.99 (Priceline). This is another all year round essential, and even more so in winter. Lip balms are one of my favourite things, and I had never tried Burt's Bees lip balms until this year, and I think they are totally worth the slightly hefty price tag! They are 100% natural, smell amazing, and leave my lips feeling incredibly nourished. Just wonderful products, really!

6) The Body Shop facial brush $4.95 (The Body Shop). As I mentioned before, exfoliating is a crucial step in your skin care routine, but you don't always have to buy an exfoliating scrub. I use this little facial brush from the body shop with my regular cleanser 3-4 times a week and it does the same thing! This is basically a cheaper, basic, non-electronic version of a Clarisonic or something similar. But it does the same thing, for a fraction of the cost! This is one of my favourite little accessories and what's even more great is that you don't need to buy all these different products, because this works with what you've got! 

Well that concludes my list of my winter beauty essentials! Hopefully you've found it to be quite helpful as you brace for the colder months ahead, or if you're like me, it's something to keep in mind for next year when winter rolls around again. 

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top