Friday 27 September 2013

The Body Shop Skincare: 'Tea Tree' Range


I am a massive fan of The Body Shop, and I have been ever since I was a little girl. One day when I was in there browsing, I noticed their skincare section, and that they had different products for different skin types - because skin is not a one size fits all matter! As I have oily and blemish-prone skin I headed straight for the tea tree section. Over time I have picked up quite a few of their products, as you can see, so I thought I'd briefly talk about each of them, incase any of you guys were interested in their skincare range. I'm going to try my hardest to not make this a review post as such, but if there are any specific products that I mention that you would like a more in-depth review of, just let me know and I shall make one for you.


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser (150mL) $21.95

I actually don't use this as my cleanser anymore, but I did use up this whole bottle when I was using it. It lasted me a couple of months and was nice to use. It foamed really well and did a reasonably good job of cleansing my skin, I just never found myself repurchasing it, though I'm not really sure why. Overall, a nice cleanser and suitable for those will blemished skin (obviously) as it's not too harsh or drying. 


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion (50mL) $17.95

This has lasted me so long already (more than a year) and there is still a decent amount of product left. I don't use this all the time anymore, just in the morning sometimes if my skin is particularly bad. I find it to be a nice, lightweight, overall treatment for my blemishes that isn't too harsh, though sometimes can be a little drying. In saying that, it is a nice product to use and I find that it does help to shorten the life of any spots I may have.


Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion (30mL) $23.95

For such a small product this is definitely more on the pricey side, but worth the money! I use this every night along with some other blemish fade creams I have. So far, this has helped to fade the marks that spots leave behind, but it doesn't really do a lot in terms of new blemishes on my face, but that isn't what it's meant for. It's a more natural alternative and I do like it.


Tea Tree Face Mask (100mL) $18.95

To be honest I was a little hesitant to buy this at first, but I'm so glad I did! I use this once a week and a little product goes a long way. I honestly just really love this product. It smells amazing (if you like tea tree that is), really does cool down my face, and over time has helped with my blemishes. This is a treatment mask, which is why you shouldn't use it more than once a week, so while it takes a little longer to really see a change, it is worth the wait. The consistency of this mask is great, and I will definitely be repurchasing it whenever I need to. 


Tea Tree Blemish Gel (2.5mL) $12.95

This is the most expensive of them all, and I'm not really sure whether it is worth the money or not. I didn't hate this product, but I didn't necessarily love it either. It was just kind of a 'just alright' one for me. I feel like I haven't been able to get a lot of use out of it and it hasn't been amazing at clearing up blemishes. But I still do use it.


Facial Brush $4.95

So technically this isn't a tea tree product, but I still think it's damn amazing. I use this about 3-4 times a week with my normal cleanser and I am so obsessed with it. Everybody needs to invest in one of these! They're so cheap and so wonderful. It does a brilliant job at exfoliating and my skin always feels incredibly soft after using it. 

So there you have it! As you can see, their skincare range is not the cheapest, but when it comes to your skin I think it's totally justifiable to spend a little more. After all, you only have one face and everyone sees it! Hopefully this post has provided you with some insight into the products. Enjoy your day!

lovelovelove




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top