Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentine's Day: DIY Treat Boxes

As tomorrow is Valentine's Day I thought I would continue on this little theme of love and write up some more posts relating to the very romantic holiday, that isn't even a real holiday! Yesterday's post featured a beautiful mug from Kikki.K (which you can read here), and this morning's post was all about Valentine's Day appropriate nail polish colours (which you can read here). 
For this afternoon's post I thought I would share with you some DIY treat boxes that I made for my friends as a little Valentine's gift. I think handmade gifts are so special and memorable, plus they are super fun to make! 
Each box includes:
  • Polka dot treat box from Big W ($2.00 for a pack of 8)
  • 2 chocolate chip cookies (I used this Martha Stewart recipe)
  • Twinings tea bag 
  • 2 milky top Cadbury Freddo's (they are currently on sale for $3 at Big W for a pack of 20)
  • Card (I used this template, they have other designs too)
  • Vanilla & Jasmine tea light candle from Kmart (I think it was about $3 or $4 for a pack of 30)
  • String
  • Heart bunting (I used a template from Kikki.K)
  • Gold and purple sequins and gold stars (from any craft store)
I am so pleased with how they turned out and can't wait to give them to my friends. You can pretty much put anything you want in these boxes, so have fun creating! 

lovelovelove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top