Monday 3 February 2014

January Favourites

It has been a really long time since I last did a monthly favourites post, so I thought that as January has just ended it was the perfect time to do one! As it is currently summer here in Australia, my beauty regime is quite simple and easy, nothing too flashy or exciting. These are just a few standout products to me from last month that I found myself reaching for time and time again.
Herbal Essences 'Honey, I'm Strong' Shampoo & Conditioner
Let me begin by saying that this shampoo and conditioner smells incredible! I'm normally not a huge fan of products that smell like honey, but this one is an exception. It also leaves my hair feeling really clean and soft and smelling divine. My hair is not all that damaged so I can't really comment on whether it has repaired it or not, but it seems to be doing something right.
Coles Aftersun Soothing Gel - Green Tea & Aloe Vera
I mentioned before that it is summer here in Australia, so that equals sunburn if you aren't careful. And I have been a bit careless a few times when it comes to sunscreen, so this has been my go-to and absolute saviour of a product. It cools it down completely and helps to bring out the heat and redness and provide the moisture that my skin needs. 

Natio Acne Clear Day Moisturiser 
I have been using this for a bit over a month now and I have seen improvement in my skin, and continue to do so. It's not too heavy or greasy but still provides the moisture that my skin needs, while also repairing my skin and controlling oil. My skin looks and feels healthier already. 
Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' Perfume
I have been obsessed with this perfume for years, and I have found myself reaching for it a lot lately because it's light and fresh but smells so pretty and florally. This is one of my all time favourite perfumes that I spritz on to feel beautiful. 

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation in '820 Creamy Natural'
When I first started using this foundation I wasn't really sure whether I actually liked it or not, and so I didn't use it all that often for months. Just recently I decided to give it another go, and using Ingrid's (Miss Glamorazzi) suggestion of using a damp sponge to apply it, I have fallen in love with this! I find that it looks so natural and not caky at all, provides great coverage, and has SPF 20 in it too which is an absolute bonus. It really does stay put on my skin and doesn't rub off onto anything else or go on my hands when I touch my face. It has a natural matte finish and does a great job of lasting all day long. Lately this has been the only foundation I have been using, and while I'm not normally a fan of Covergirl foundations, this one has pleasantly surprised me. 

Yes to Carrots C Me Blush Lip Tint in 'Ready Red'
I got this in my January Bellabox and I have become obsessed with it ever since. It moisturises my lips while providing that little hint of colour that makes my lips look incredible but also natural. It has a menthol/minty smell to it that leaves a tingling sensation once applied to the lips. 

There we have it, another little insight into the products I've been loving. I'd also like to quickly say that I'm looking in to doing exchange at a University in England next year, and was wondering if anyone could recommend towns to live in for the 6 months that I'm there. The University I'm looking at is about half an hour north of London so somewhere preferably around there would be great. And if anyone has tips for doing exchange or moving to another country I would love to hear them! Thank you!! 

lovelovelove

4 comments:

  1. Nice faves! I might have to give CG 3-in-1 another go with a damp sponge as when I used a buffing brush I didn't like the finish on my skin.
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Definitely give the foundation another go because I didn't really love the finish either when I applied it with my expert face brush, but since doing it with a damp sponge I love it! It feels a bit weird and you have to make sure you blend it well, but it's totally worth the extra effort because it looks so much more natural xxx

      Delete
  2. Marc Jacobs Daisy is amazing! Such an amazing fresh scent especially during this horrible heat wave. great favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's so beautiful. Thank you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top